Thursday, April 3, 2008

Seeing the country south and west

I don't recall a trip to Las Cruces for, oh maybe years...no reason to go. Then all of a sudden, I'm there or through there 3 times in past three weeks...two of them within the last 5 days.

What's up with that?

Today I was in Deming ... okay, it has it's own beauty. It does. But it was not hard to turn around and head back to Lincoln County. First I had to drive through a White Sands White Out ...Alamogordo, too, has it's own unique beauty. Today it was blowing around in the air.

I'm sure if I lived in either place I'd wear out a camera on those rugged peaks when the sun hits them early or late.

But not today.

Seatbelt cinched down, book on tape (CD) rolling, (cruise control set because I don't need to visit with any NMSP) I pushed the miles behind me stopping only for the obligatory border patrol visit ..."U.S. Citizen, thank you, have a nice day."

Gas was $3.49 for regular at the interstate stations in Deming... I got if for $3.13 at Sam's in Cruces and Alamo was showing signs of creeping up into the $3.30 something ...

I may never travel again.

No comments: