Saturday, August 16, 2008

Well now ....


I seemed to have dropped off the face of the super highway for TWO MONTHS ..and I've been gone so long even I haven't been able to find me. Summers are like that with my job and all the other things I get myself involved in.

School got out, and summer began finally in late June when the spring winds quit and the rains started and by the Fourth of July we were seeing hints of GREEN in a very dry, droughted area. A few weeks later and we are lush green waving grass. It is wonderful.

The events of Summer hit hard with July 4th, Corona Festival, Lincoln Days and the County Fair ...Literally thousands of photos later (somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 over that length of time) I am still three laps behind and trying to sort, send, copy, file and catch up.

Today was a rainy day and that helped. I dumped 1,200 emails out of my email boxes(received and sent) and finally found the bottom of the laundry piles. That can happen when it's too ugly out for outdoor sports and photos!

Now, school has begun ... my baby boy is a freshman and enduring 4-5 hour football practices. He was in the Lincoln pageant, playing 4 different small parts and is filming tomorrow a bit part in an A&E History Channel film in Lincoln called The Real Cowboys. So the pace has not slowed. Maybe soon?

I'll check back in, share photos and try to get back in the groove of things. I have plenty to share!!

Thank you for peeking in from time to time. I'm sorry when I disappointed you! Forgive me and I'll do better!!




No comments: